A bit about me...

Hello. I am a Health Education student at University of South Alabama. My goal is to make health more interesting and relatble to the student. To know the lessons and techniques I discuss in class can actually be performed in their everyday routine. Preparing the students through knowing and understanding how healthy living is essential to their well being.

In my estimation, Health trumps all other subjects school board's set when outlining the curriculum. If you are not eating well, exercising, and using proper hygiene techniques, then how are you supposed to think-like critical thinkers, to perform intergration math in calculus or even operate a bunsen burner begining a science experiment.

Most students need the feeling of knowing, "hey this is information I can use today or tomorrow", that will be benefical to my overall well-being no matter my age or stage-professionally I may currently be in.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blogs Technology

Blogs are really a good technology tool for connecting and networking with others. I sometimes think of blogs as either personal or professional diaries out for people to view and respond to.
I think all teachers and students should have at least a working professional blog.

*Blogs are free and can be to set to be private or public viewing.

*Blogs can definitely be used as a very resourceful tool for helping students and teachers stay connected and interested in learning.

I would encourage my students to also write thier comments on
Did You Know? 3.0
Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity
Plagiarism

No comments:

Post a Comment